- another term for potassium nitrate.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The German U-boats were shooting on the boats, so most of the niter they were trying to import to make nitroglycerin was at the bottom of the ocean.
- Various reflecting surfaces were used: polished metallic rocks such as obsidian, pyrite, and iron; rock crystal; and an alloy of rose copper and tin, plus an alchemical brew consisting of white arsenic, red tartar, and nitre.
- Nitre, or niter, is also used to manufacture gunpowder.
late Middle English: from Old French, from Latin nitrum, from Greek nitron.
Más definiciones de niterDefinición de niter en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional