- 1A salt or ester of nitric acid, containing the anion NO3− or the group —NO3.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many nitrates are ionic in nature, but heavy metal nitrates and anhydrous nitrates have covalently bonded nitrate groups.
- It occurs in all kinds of minerals, such as oxides, carbonates, nitrates, sulfates, and phosphates.
- By depositing proteins as monolayers onto gold colloids, the aim will be to develop biosensors for nitrate and nitric oxide with detection capabilities approaching those of natural bacterial cells.
- 1.1Sodium nitrate, potassium nitrate, or ammonium nitrate, used as fertilizer: the fertilizer is usually a basic nitrateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He is further accused of faxing an inquiry to a chemical company about purchasing urea nitrate - a fertiliser - using a false company name, and of using a false name to obtain a mobile phone number.
- The effects of nitrate on various species range from gross toxicity to more subtle changes in physiology and development.
- Tolerance, and with it loss of antianginal effect, develops with long-term use of any form of nitrate.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Treat (a substance) with nitric acid (typically a concentrated mixture of nitric and sulfuric acids), especially so as to introduce nitro groups.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When nitrobenzene is nitrated with nitric and sulfuric acids, for example, 93 percent of the substituted groups end up at meta positions.
- Thus NO metabolized to nitrosothiols and to nitrated amino acids was not detected.
- Biodiesel reduces emissions of unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, sulfates, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, nitrated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and particulates.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the mining industry, the production of TNT is made possible by the electrophilic nitration of toluene (methyl benzene).
- The added ethyl group makes ethylbenzene about 25 times more reactive to nitration than benzene.
- Interaction of Cl 2 with oxides of nitrogen may also occur, causing the chlorination and nitration of various amino acid residues, particularly tyrosine.
Más definiciones de nitrateDefinición de nitrate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional