1A salt or ester of nitric acid, containing the anion NO3− or the group —NO3.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many nitrates are ionic in nature, but heavy metal nitrates and anhydrous nitrates have covalently bonded nitrate groups.
- It occurs in all kinds of minerals, such as oxides, carbonates, nitrates, sulfates, and phosphates.
- By depositing proteins as monolayers onto gold colloids, the aim will be to develop biosensors for nitrate and nitric oxide with detection capabilities approaching those of natural bacterial cells.
1.1Sodium nitrate, potassium nitrate, or ammonium nitrate, used as fertilizer: the fertilizer is usually a basic nitrate
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is further accused of faxing an inquiry to a chemical company about purchasing urea nitrate - a fertiliser - using a false company name, and of using a false name to obtain a mobile phone number.
- The effects of nitrate on various species range from gross toxicity to more subtle changes in physiology and development.
- Tolerance, and with it loss of antianginal effect, develops with long-term use of any form of nitrate.
Treat (a substance) with nitric acid (typically a concentrated mixture of nitric and sulfuric acids), especially so as to introduce nitro groups.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When nitrobenzene is nitrated with nitric and sulfuric acids, for example, 93 percent of the substituted groups end up at meta positions.
- Thus NO metabolized to nitrosothiols and to nitrated amino acids was not detected.
- Biodiesel reduces emissions of unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, sulfates, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, nitrated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and particulates.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the mining industry, the production of TNT is made possible by the electrophilic nitration of toluene (methyl benzene).
- The added ethyl group makes ethylbenzene about 25 times more reactive to nitration than benzene.
- Interaction of Cl 2 with oxides of nitrogen may also occur, causing the chlorination and nitration of various amino acid residues, particularly tyrosine.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ni·trate
Definición de nitrate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda