- A colorless toxic gas formed in many reactions in which nitric acid is reduced, as in reaction with copper. It reacts immediately with oxygen to form nitrogen dioxide.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: NO. Also called nitrogen monoxide
- In these reactions the ozone reacts with nitric oxide to produce nitrogen dioxide.
- Both nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide can be toxic at higher concentrations.
- He isolated around twenty different airs, including hydrogen chloride, nitric oxide, and ammonia.
Más definiciones de nitric oxideDefinición de nitric oxide en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional