verbo (nitrifies, nitrifying, nitrified)[with object] Chemistry
2Impregnate with nitrogen or nitrogen compounds.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Refuge volunteer collected soil samples from our continuing study on the effects of applying sawdust to restored areas that have been previously nitrified by yellow bush lupine.
early 19th century: from French nitrifier.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other reactions unique to life, except at extremely high temperatures and pressures, include nitrogen fixation, nitrification and denitrification, sulphate and sulphur reduction, and methane formation.
- Oxygen production by benthic microalgae enhanced rates of, and coupling between, nitrification and denitrification when ammonium was not limiting, resulting in significant loss of nitrogen from sediments as dinitrogen gas.
- Current research has shown an increase in soil acidification through anthropogenic effects including acid precipitation and nitrification of ammoniacal fertilizers.
Definición de nitrify en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional