- A drowsy state induced by breathing air under higher than atmospheric pressure, for example, in deep-sea diving.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Climbing mountains (causing hypoxia) and deep-sea diving (causing nitrogen narcosis or oxygen poisoning) can both be dangerous, in the absence of the right precautions.
- First, the movement of alveolar contents away from gas exchange surfaces and into the conducting airways of the lungs enables marine mammals to avoid the deleterious effects of nitrogen narcosis and decompression sickness.
- There are various symptoms of nitrogen narcosis and I'm sure you've suffered from some of them if you dive deeper than 30m - even shallower for some people.
Más definiciones de nitrogen narcosisDefinición de nitrogen narcosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional