sustantivo (plural noes)
- For, among many other things, the French and Dutch votes were also noes to the consequences of enlargement and to the prospect of further enlargements.
- If one goes to the application book, volume 1, page 23, line 30, it can be seen that it is recorded that the result of the division, this is on the second reading: ayes 14 and noes 13.
- Super-optimists suggest that, perhaps with some changes and reassurance from European leaders, the noes might be turned into yeses, like water into wine.
no can do
- informal I am unable to do it.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Oh, no can do, sweetheart, I'm booked up until - let's see - next Tuesday.
- Sorry, no can do, they're contaminated with asbestos.
- ‘He told me to let go, and I said, ‘Sorry, kid, no can do.’
the noes have it
- see less.
- Not now as formerly: they no longer live hereMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After all, they are the ones who have forgotten that we no longer live by the law of the jungle.
- Sorry to have to let you know that Steve is no longer living with us and I am now a single mum.
- First, the working class and the oppressed can no longer go on living in the old way.
- see more.
no sooner —— than
- see soon.
not take no for an answer
- Persist in spite of refusals.Oraciones de ejemplo
- I don't think that is going to be possible, she is so full of energy and doesn't take no for an answer.
- I tell him all the time that I don't, but he doesn't take no for an answer.
- Their boss (like most bosses) doesn't take no for an answer and is adamant they get the client or face being sacked.
no two ways about it
- Used to convey that there can be no doubt about something.Oraciones de ejemplo
- She added: ‘It's been chaotic, there's no two ways about it.’
- I have been happy with the way things have started and there is no two ways about it - I want to end the season as the best bowler in the league.
- There are no two ways about it, you are there, or you are not.
- Or not: she’d have ridden there, winter or noMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But lest I be accused of favoring nuclear war, please take note that the consequences of nuclear war would be horrendous, nuclear winter or no.
—— or no ——
- Regardless of the specified thing: recession or no recession there is always going to be a shortage of good peopleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Never ever from that day to this has anyone else looked after a child of mine when they were sick, new job or no new job.
- Job or no job, life is just plain difficult in rural Kansas and Oklahoma..rural anywhere.
Old English nō, nā (adverb), from ne 'not' + ō, ā 'ever' The determiner arose in Middle English (originally before words beginning with any consonant except h-), reduced from non, from Old English nān (see none1).
Palabras que riman con noaglow, ago, alow, although, apropos, art nouveau, Bamako, Bardot, beau, Beaujolais Nouveau, below, bestow, blow, bo, Boileau, bons mots, Bordeaux, Bow, bravo, bro, cachepot, cheerio, Coe, crow, Defoe, de trop, doe, doh, dos-à-dos, do-si-do, dough, dzo, Flo, floe, flow, foe, foreknow, foreshow, forgo, Foucault, froe, glow, go, good-oh, go-slow, grow, gung-ho, Heathrow, heave-ho, heigh-ho, hello, ho, hoe, ho-ho, jo, Joe, kayo, know, lo, low, maillot, malapropos, Marceau, mho, Miró, mo, Mohs, Monroe, mot, mow, Munro, Noh, no-show, oh, oho, outgo, outgrow, owe, Perrault, pho, po, Poe, pro, quid pro quo, reshow, righto, roe, Rouault, row, Rowe, sew, shew, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, soh, sow, status quo, stow, Stowe, strow, tally-ho, though, throw, tic-tac-toe, to-and-fro, toe, touch-and-go, tow, trow, undergo, undersow, voe, whacko, whoa, wo, woe, Xuzhou, yo, yo-ho-ho, Zhengzhou, Zhou
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: no
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: No
Definición de no en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.