verbo[with object] Grammar
Convert (a word or phrase, as a verb or adjective) into a noun, for example, output from put out; the poor from poor.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some items in the last set might be plural nominalized obsoletes rather than verbs, but the ones I checked were third-person singular verbs.
- The second construes the process as a thing - the verb has been nominalized by means of the ing suffix - consequently, the temporal aspect of the process has been backgrounded.
- Perhaps by analogy with the compounds ‘schoolmate,’ ‘messmate,’ ‘playmate’, Edmund is treating the nominalised adjective as a compound noun.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The word ‘shooting’ here is a nominalization - a noun derived from a verb root.
- And believe it or not, ‘reveal’ as a nominalization is pretty old, in fact archaic.
- The grammatical analysis of both codes was based on passive constructions, mode, nominalization, lexical choice, and moderators.
Definición de nominalize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda