Definición de nonnuclear en inglés:
1Not involving or relating to nuclear energy or nuclear weapons.
- A first-use of nuclear weapons by the US should be unthinkable, and responding to a non-nuclear attack with nuclear weapons violates a central tenet of just war and US military tradition.
- The US is bound, as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear powers.
- Therefore it is necessary, already now, to implement diplomatic measures and reach agreement on limiting strategic non-nuclear weapon systems.
1.1(Of a country) not possessing nuclear weapons.
- The chapter discusses the possibility of nonnuclear countries producing nuclear weapons.
- In it, nonnuclear countries promise not to acquire nuclear weapons and the five avowed nuclear powers - Britain, China, France, Russia, and the United States - promise not to transfer them.
- Many nonnuclear countries openly threaten to discredit efforts at nonproliferation.
Definición de nonnuclear en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan