1Not average, normal, or usual: people working nonstandard hours
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Research labs are also usually relaxed about people working from home frequently, or keeping non-standard hours.
- Anyone who has seen field conditions will clarify that non-standard seeds of variable quality are one of the biggest problems facing cotton farmers.
- Twenty non-standard containers, all having their back doors sealed, were found either on board or loaded on the 20 trucks waiting at the wharf.
1.1(Of language) not of the form that is accepted as standard.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I was already aware of many other non-standard usages that didn't bother me a bit.
- Under normal circumstances, dialects or non-standard Mandarin are not to be used.
- The requirement to answer in complete sentences recalls Labov's classic work on non-standard English.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: non·stand·ard
Definición de nonstandard en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda