(also nor'easter /ˌnôrˈēstər/)
- A storm or wind blowing from the northeast, especially in New England.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Historically, northeasters with an easterly track have brought the East Coast its heaviest snowfalls.
- Many of the famous blizzards and northeasters that battered the East Coast and sank ships in the northwestern Atlantic Ocean throughout history were bomb cyclones.
- The race began with light winds, but things got dicey the next day as a northeaster raged through the fleet in the Bay of Fundy with winds up to 40 knots, and six boats dismasted.
Más definiciones de northeasterDefinición de northeaster en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional