Definición de novice en inglés:
1A person new to or inexperienced in a field or situation: he was a complete novice in foreign affairs
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The system used is not particularly user friendly for novices or inexperienced staff: this could be improved with more modern software facilities.
- While the LSO no longer directs the pilot down, he is constantly giving advice if required and can be a calming voice for the inexperienced novice.
- This annual sporting event takes place on Sunday, May 1 when keen runners and complete novices get together for a five-mile race, a one-mile adult run and a one-mile children's event.
1.1A person who has entered a religious order and is under probation, before taking vows.
- A friend who is a novice in an Episcopal religious order recently told me that she has no taste now for books of contemporary spirituality.
- He joined the monastic order as a novice, and studied the Hua-yen ching with Chih-yen.
- Galileo had a mixed education, starting at a monastery school in Vallombrosa where he entered the order as a novice, against the wishes of his father.
1.2An animal, especially a racehorse, that has not yet won a major prize or reached a level of performance to qualify for important events.
- It was only fitting that there should be a female winner on Ladies Day and trainer Venetia Williams obliged when Limerick Boy won the novices' hurdle handicap.
- And there was some consolation for the connections of Limestone Lad when Solerina won the novice hurdle.
- Captain Christy, ridden by Bobby Beasley, remains the last novice to have won chasing's blue riband event.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan