- 1A nuclear weapon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There's lots of data available online about suitcase nukes, and nuclear weapons generally.
- The United States is now considering developing a new generation of nuclear weapons, smart nukes which could be used to bust open bunkers and destroy weapons of mass destruction stockpiled by rogue states.
- It's always seemed to me that that likeliest scenario is a loose nuke or a dirty bomb in a shipping container.
- 1.2A nuclear-powered vessel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new enemy uses diesel-electric boats which, when running just on batteries, are much more difficult to find than those always loud Soviet nukes.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Attack or destroy with nuclear weapons.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We might stop an attack or two by nuking every Islamic city from Tangier to Islamabad - but, come morning, we'll have to look ourselves in the mirror.
- Consider the absurdity: We risk escalating a worldwide nuclear arms race to nuke a shadow terrorist enemy whose most effective military action to date was begun with box cutters.
- You said ‘send conventional troops that he can only repel with his nuclear weapons, which will cause us to nuke him’.
- 1.1Destroy; get rid of: I fertilized the lawn and nuked the weedsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So I ended up even sicker, in bed, and in between sleeping, feeling sorry for myself, and nuking the jumping spider (the exciting highlight of the weekend), I did some thinking.
- After Valve updated the official FAQ entry with a recommendation to try out the latest beta video drivers, I gave it a try. 67.02 are the latest Detonators, so I nuked the previous set with Driver Cleaner and reinstalled.
- ‘I think I just nuked the computer's hard drive,’ I said, quivering.
- 1.2chiefly North American Cook or heat up (food) in a microwave oven: I nuked a quick burgerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Unlike normal cooking, when food is nuked numerous chemical bonds are ruptured, leaving behind a trail of free radicals, ions, and other radiolytic byproducts.
- I really need to just shut off all the machines, nuke the leftover pizza and watch ‘Blind Date’ until my brains run out my nose.
- I got home, nuked yesterday's pizza, read the paper.
1950s: abbreviation of nuclear.