- 1A large semiaquatic beaverlike rodent, native to South America. It is kept in captivity for its fur and has become naturalized in many other areas.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Myocastor coypus, the only member of the family Myocastoridae
- A South American rodent, the nutria escaped or was released into the wild from pens.
- Hurricane Katrina's path of destruction dealt at least a temporary setback to the nutria, the South American rodent species that is devouring wetlands along the Gulf of Mexico, according to experts.
- Originally from South America, the nutria has devastated thousands of acres of wetlands along the U.S. Gulf Coast with its voracious appetite and prolific mating habits.
- 1.1The pelt of the nutria.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Extremely poor prices for nutria pelts have resulted in very little trapping activity.
- My favorite piece of wearing apparel is my 3/4 length nutria coat that I bought at the Red, White, and Blue Thrift Store for $9.95.
- Nutria fur never really caught on, and after a few escaped into the Louisiana swamp, they bred like crazy and are now ravaging wetlands around the country.
early 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'otter'.
Más definiciones de nutriaDefinición de nutria en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional