Definición de nyctinastic en inglés:
(Of the periodic movement of flowers or leaves) caused by nightly changes in light intensity or temperature.
- Leaflets of nyctinastic plants assume a vertical (i.e. closed) position in darkness and revert to horizontal orientation upon illumination.
- Leaf-movement in nyctinastic plants has long been believed to be controlled by plant hormones that are common among all nyctinastic plants.
- Several systems of measurement have been used to characterize leaf or leaflet orientation during nyctinastic and heliotropic movement.
- Example sentences
- The trifoliate leaflets are closed as in nyctinasty.
- We found that nyctinasty is controlled by a periodic change of the internal concentration of leaf-opening and leaf-closing substances in the plant body.
- What is the selective advantage to plants of nyctinasty (sleep movements) which closes flowers in the evening?
Definición de nyctinastic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan