Definición de obstructionism en inglés:
The practice of deliberately impeding or delaying the course of legal, legislative, or other procedures.
- The party surely dread the kind of obstructionism they themselves practiced during the last Congress.
- This is the very definition of obstructionism: To delay a foregone conclusion for the sake of a petty protest.
- To the general astonishment the Duke d' Orléans, head of the junior branch of the royal family and heir to a long tradition of obstructionism, suddenly rose and protested that this was not legal.
obstructionist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- An aggressive, obstructionist Duma (Russia's lower house of parliament) dominated by Communists blocked any attempt at reform.
- They should crusade for changes in Senate procedures that would prevent an obstructionist minority from delaying action indefinitely.
- We can't ask others to play by rules we write concerning the global economy, only to then be obstructionists when it comes to necessary action to protect the environment.
Definición de obstructionism en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan