Definición de obturate en inglés:
verbo[with object] formal or technical
Block up; obstruct.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Many of today's shooters have tried shooting these old rifles and experienced dismal results when the bullets failed to expand properly and obturate the bore.
- When it's excessive like that we know that there wasn't even enough pressure to obturate the case at all.
- This is an indication that pressure is so low the case is not obturating to completely seal the chamber.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- On some projectiles, there is a nylon obturating band below the rotating band to help in forward obturation.
- By placing that plastic ball in the hollow base of the Foster slug, concentric obturation of the slug in the bore is achieved.
- The second component of this revolution was the reintroduction of breech-loading, made possible by improved technology and especially obturation.
Mid 17th century: from Latin obturat- 'stopped up', from the verb obturare.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda