Definición de occupant en inglés:
1A person who resides or is present in a house, vehicle, seat, place, etc., at a given time.
- Another factor of cardinal importance in protecting building occupants is debris mitigation.
- Several ships tracked the pod, fearing that its sole occupant was escaping.
- Mr Melvin was the sole occupant of the car, and no other vehicles were involved.
1.1The holder of a position or office: the first occupant of the Oval Office
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The main concern of the Australian Republican Movement has always been with the Office of Governor-General rather than any one occupant of the position.
- One newspaper said yesterday that they were proof that he is ‘one of the most reactionary occupants of his office in modern times’.
- Over the years, Larry's show has become a favorite forum for would-be occupants of the Oval Office.
1.2 Law A person holding property, especially land, in actual possession.
- The Government should demonstrate its commitment to property rights by evicting illegal occupants.
- The goal is to have a safe, functional, and reliable system to protect the occupants and property.
- Marcus contended that municipal services were linked to the property rather than the occupant.