- A colorless flammable hydrocarbon of the alkane series, obtained in petroleum refining.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: C8H18; many isomers, especially the straight-chain isomer ( n-octane) . See also isooctane
- Carbon in its most reduced form is found in alkanes, which are typically fuels like methane, propane, and octane.
- Instead, new engines have been designed to run on lower octane gasoline, which is made of hydrocarbons that are resistant to knock.
- Four different solvent media were considered: octane, tetrahydrofuran, acetonitrile, and water.
Más definiciones de octaneDefinición de octane en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional