(also off color)
- 1Somewhat indecent or in poor taste: off-color jokesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Sometimes when he left an after-work bar outing to hurry home, his colleagues would privately breathe a sigh of relief; with him gone, they could drink up and tell off-color jokes.
- He tends to tell off-color jokes, use a lot of sexual innuendo and pepper his conversations with inappropriate words.
- Did the same off-color jokes circulate in the grade schools of Minneapolis and Johnson City?
- 2Of the wrong or an inferior color: the new paint doesn’t match, it’s off-colorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Avoid trees with brown or off-color needles and trees exhibiting a large amount of needle drop.
- Photos may show such indicators of problems as early leaf drop, standing water, thin or off-color turf and incorrect pruning procedures.
- It was yet another lesson in the effectiveness of live bait and an eye-opening class in how to catch fish in off-color (OK, muddy) water.
- 3chiefly British Slightly unwell: I’m feeling a bit off-colorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I had been off-colour for several weeks and off food for several days prior to this and did not realise the effects of wine on an empty stomach.
- Since I was very young, whenever I'm off-colour and feverish I have the following recurring vision as I wander confusedly in the no-man's land between consciousness and sleep.
- This morning I have a sore throat and feel decidedly off-colour.