Definición de offbeat en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈôfˌbēt /
1 Music Not coinciding with the beat.
- It is instantly recognizable from the counterpoint between the bass and drum downbeat, and the offbeat rhythm section.
- Sometimes Schumann would destroy my case by perpetrating a lengthy passage of manic offbeat accompaniment such as occurs twice in the first movement of No 3.
- Between the offbeat strum, subterranean bass and rock-steady drumming, they leave gaps that other bands would nervously clutter with ephemera.
2 informal Unconventional; unusual: she’s a little offbeat, but she’s a wonderful actress
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This cinema at that time showed very offbeat and unusual films.
- The humor is offbeat and unconventional, but much of it is funny.
- Dr. Seuss has been one of the most unusual and offbeat children's authors in literature.
Pronunciación: /ˈôfˌbēt /Music Volver al principio
Any of the normally unaccented beats in a bar.
- McDowell's guitar playing on these songs was all about rhythm, a distinctive syncopated chug that emphasized the offbeats and often stayed on a single chord.
- The drum machine offbeats are still present, but instead of snarky basslines and slow grinds, the song features a wistfully high organ stomp, and shifting tempos throughout.
- This is all to say nothing of the beautiful, ever-rising backing that threads through the song; present in the verse, when the horns come in full-force on the offbeats.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan