- The defeat means Sweden have still only once been past the second round stage since 1974.
- Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once, at lunchtime.
- More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.
- By midday, Ashley was tired, hungry and her back was throbbing, but she never once complained.
- Not once has my doctor ever bothered to ask me about what I eat or if I exercise.
- Otherwise, the game is remarkably stable - didn't crash once on my machine.
- It was a strange and eerie feeling riding through the near deserted streets of this once great city that I had read and seen so many films about.
- The field was once part of a terrace of the Whitton Dene manor house and it seems that the trouble began when it was filled in with material to even it out.
- Think of someone who was once young and vital, now old, battered, semi-literate and living off the social.
- I will comment further on this once I have had a chance to fully digest it myself.
- And who is there to offer support for the homeless once Christmas is over?
- The Echo will publish information on the community petition once details are finalised.
all at once
- The sounds struck her all at once, as if the volume on her ears had suddenly been turned up.
- When he finally did put her words together, it hit him all at once like a ton of bricks.
- Through it all, he is optimistic that he can succeed, not all at once, but over time.
- Add the bean sprouts all at once and leave for 20 seconds, then add the spring onions, stir well, and drain.
- Cost-wise, it makes sense to collect several updates together and release them all at once.
- The dancers mix it up quite a bit, performing together all at once, as well as in trios, duos and solo pieces.
- When using oil, the mixture should be combined as quickly as possible, then baked at once.
- The call goes to Birkenshaw who have files on all the area and can direct a fire crew to me at once.
- If it is broken it must be used at once, for it discolours and spoils quickly.
- There was a slow churning of his thought processes as two ideas came together at once.
- In the low light of the gallery the effect is at once beautiful and rather ominous.
- Everything is happening at once at the moment, in a manner that is proving really rather hard to deal with.
for once (or this once)
- On this occasion only, as an exception: He was glad that for once he had not listenedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The day stayed dry and the sun shone occasionally, and for once there were only a few spots of rain.
- They're calling it the deal of all deals, and for once you can forgive the hyperbole.
- But just this once, just for a few moments today I felt socially useful.
once a ——, always a ——
- proverb A person cannot change their fundamental nature: once a whiner, always a whinerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As far as the Catholicism goes, there is a school of thought that says, ‘once a Catholic, always a Catholic’.
- Our position is, once a criminal, always a criminal and we will keep you in jail forever, and if we do let you out, we expect you back in three years anyway.
- I was strictly a drummer, and once a drummer, always a drummer - the way I play is very rhythmic, very percussive.
once again (or more)
- One more time.Oraciones de ejemplo
- They now live at an address they have asked us to keep secret for fear the yobs will catch up with them once more.
- I have returned refreshed from Blackpool and am in custody of my own laptop once more.
- We were impressed but once more became hopelessly lost as we attempted to leave the city.
once and for all (or once for all)
- Now and for the last time; finally.Oraciones de ejemplo
conclusively, decisively, finally, positively, definitely, definitively, absolutely, irrevocably;for good, for always, forever, permanentlyinformal for keeps
- It is better to strengthen your determination and stop smoking once for all rather than slowing it down.
- I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all.
- Several months earlier he had still been despairing over the work and no doubt wondering whether another seizure would leave him speechless once for all.
once and future
- Denoting someone or something that is eternal, enduring, or constant.1950s: from T. H. White's Once and Future King (1958)Oraciones de ejemplo
- The government in Bonn packed its bags and relocated to the Reichstag, the once and future capitol edifice - meaning Berlin had to fit the bill as a nation's capital.
- I was driven to The Docks by my once and future boyfriend, Olivier, who works out at the gym roughly 17 times a week.
- Your book deals with the once and future threat of smallpox.
once bitten, twice shy
- see bite.
once (or every once) in a while
- From time to time; occasionally.Oraciones de ejemplo
occasionally, from time to time, (every) now and then/again, every so often, on occasion, at times, sometimes, off and on, at intervals, periodically, sporadically, intermittently
- Just once in a while, I stumble on a little piece of evidence that proves the world is as mad as I'm starting to think it is.
- Every once in a while, friends and friends-of-friends come to live with us.
- Does she want her husband to say thank you once in a while, or help her out or just not go fishing at all?
once or twice
- A few times.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then he visited me once or twice in Oxford, when he was off on one of his miserable summer holidays and was passing through.
- I had an opportunity to chat with him once or twice, and was immediately impressed by his fund of knowledge.
- I will try to post perhaps once or twice whilst I am away, using my Dad's computer.
once upon a time
- At some time in the past (used as a conventional opening of a story).Oraciones de ejemplo
- As the conventional story goes, once upon a time the West slumbered in intellectual darkness.
- Well once upon a time, which is when my story begins, there was a little boy who lived in that cottage and on a particular summer's afternoon he was standing out in the garden.
- The boy starts his story once upon a time, knowing that's how stories begin.
- 11.1Formerly: once upon a time she would have been jealous, but no longerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I have four (previously five, and once upon a time, nine) cats, so I have a little experience on this topic.
- I mean, they were a good band - I loved them once upon a time, and yes I had teenage girl dreams about Robert Plant.
- Yes, once upon a time, I could read music, thanks to my grandfather.
Middle English ones, genitive of one. The spelling change in the 16th century was in order to retain the unvoiced sound of the final consonant.
Palabras que riman con oncedunce
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: once
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.