- 1Unfairly giving or dealing with only one side of a contentious issue or question; biased or partial: the press was accused of being one-sided, of not giving a balanced pictureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Academe is at it again, allowing a one-sided, biased article on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.
- A democracy encourages free press that provides both sides of the issue, not a one-sided Party mouthpiece, which the press has become.
- Since I have so often criticized Mirror writers for one-sided, unfair or patently wrong items on Israel and its supporters, let me acknowledge the opposite for a change.
- 1.1(Of a contest or conflict) having a gross inequality of strength or ability between the opponents.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Australia's match against Bangladesh should be a one-sided contest with attention focused on the match against England in Bristol on Sunday.
- The winners were in total control from the word go in a totally one-sided contest.
- This was a one-sided contest which ended on a final scoreline of Scartaglin 2-12, Listowel Emmets - 3.
- 1.2(Of a relationship or conversation) having all the effort or activity coming from one participant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It teaches us that conversations are one-sided and that disagreements do not involve compromise or discussion.
- Before he could continue his one-sided conversation, someone interrupted.
- Derrick shrugged, remembering the look on her face when she caught him and the horse involved in the one-sided conversation.
- 1.3Having or occurring on one side of something only: printing one-sided documentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He went to the 5th District Court of Appeals and said, These cannot be released because they are one-sided documents.
- Therefore, when the double-sided or one-sided copy is made from the double-sided original document, the finished copy can be obtained without a reversed even page
- You may get into the situation where you need to create a one-sided document in profit center accounting.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since the letters you see free to print are so flagrantly and one-sidedly selective (‘self-serving’ is, I believe the expression), I doubt this will find its way into those columns; we shall see.
- It is based on a one-sidedly negative account of modern agriculture, scientific and technological experimentation and the track record of big business and government.
- These people should not be blamed so one-sidedly.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So you don't put your one-sidedness, your bias or conditionality, into it.
- The writer, an official reassigned in the UN administration from the Dutch colonial administration, complains of the one-sidedness of the UN administration who ignored such aspirations of the people.
- But in a recent panel discussion at the American Enterprise Institute, two experts warned that academic one-sidedness matters very much indeed, and is clearly having harmful results.