Definición de one-way en inglés:
1Moving or allowing movement in one direction only: a one-way valve
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This means that coffee should be packed in an airtight foil laminated bag with a one-way air valve to allow the bag to de-gas.
- Tension pneumothorax occurs when pleural damage results in a one-way valve phenomenon allowing air to enter, but not exit, the pleural space.
- At the beginning of expiration, you tum the valve creating a one-way valve that only allows expiratory airflow.
1.1(Of a road or system of roads) along which traffic may pass in one direction only.
- Off to the west is what was once Legion Avenue, where steady streams of cars and trucks barrel in from the suburbs or head out to them along twin one-way roads given over entirely to traffic.
- It includes a signposted route along Sim Balk Lane and a one-way system along Campleshon Road and Knavesmire Road which was starting earlier than for Ascot.
- New Town's ward councillors are now surveying residents to get their views on a one-way system along both Harsnett Road and the neighbouring Morant Road.
1.2(Of a ticket) allowing a person to travel to a place but not back again.
- And she said insult was added to injury when the company tried to make amends by sending her a single one-way travel voucher without a return ticket.
- According to Adams, the 14 men traveled on Northwest Airlines flight #327 using one-way tickets.
- Because of wrong information 49-year-old Jim had been given in the US, she didn't realise her one-way ticket would cause so much trouble.
1.3(Of glass or a mirror) seen as a mirror from one side but transparent from the other.
- Prior to testing, stimulus males were kept for some days in aquaria with a one-way mirror on one side to acclimatize them with their reflected image.
- A number of descriptions of a transparent press had a one-way mirror feel to them: We editors will explain to you readers what we think you should know about us.
- Much to the enjoyment of the no-longer-bored guard on the other side of the one-way mirror, Mike and Martina share a deep, passionate kiss.
1.4Denoting a relationship in which all the action or contribution of a particular kind comes from only one member: interaction between the organism and the environment is not a one-way process
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With Washington's latest move in regard to Libya, it would be understandable if many Bulgarians believed that the relationship is somewhat one-way.
- It will reinforce the idea that this is a bit of a one-way relationship.
- On the Web, those kinds of one-way relationships come down a notch.
Definición de one-way en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan