- From time immemorial there have been friendly migrations and unfriendly onslaughts on the Kerala society, mostly through the sea.
- Sabotage could range from pinprick attacks on individual weapons or machines to full-scale onslaughts on formed bodies of troops.
- For 15 minutes they made repeated onslaughts on the Ardclough defence and looked particularly dangerous on the right wing where Timmy Comerford and David Slattery were on constant prowl.
- The reactions of Nature as a result of its exposure to the onslaughts of human societies have become more important in determining the fate of the human species than any harm it can inflict on itself.
- Steady onslaughts of slick visuals and hyped-up soundtracks are routine: another day, another few hundred commercials.
- Yet he also believes that the relentless media onslaught of ‘perfect’ male images has contributed.
Early 17th century (also in the form anslaight): from Middle Dutch aenslag, from aen 'on' + slag 'blow'. The change in the ending was due to association with (now obsolete) slaught 'slaughter'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.