1A period when restrictions on the hunting of certain types of wildlife are lifted.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Bluewings accounted for the bulk of birds taken, with Peach Point hunters taking about 15 mottled ducks during the brief open season.
- Closed seasons themselves will not actually prevent a population decline unless culling levels are quite low even during the open season.
- Further, the Commission recommended not only an annual close season but also a weekly close time during the open season.
1.1A period when all restrictions on a particular activity or product are abandoned or ignored: an hour before departure, it’s open season on all remaining seats
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We need open debate, not an open season on seaside pranks.
- Procrastinating and prevaricating in the matter would amount to sanctioning an open season on minorities.
- Last year, it was open season on the company, but now when you look at the business as a whole, it makes it easier to concentrate on the shop floor.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: o·pen sea·son
Definición de open season en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda