- 1A dramatic work in one or more acts, set to music for singers and instrumentalists.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the 1770s he began composing symphonies, concertos, operas and theater music.
- They are even hungry for classical music - operas, symphonies and solo concerts.
- The discretionary fund is used to pay musicians, broadcast live classical music concerts and operas.
- 1.1Opera as a genre of classical music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are many people who are very used to listening to opera, classical music, world music, and pop in languages other than their own.
- The opera has been around China for more than 400 years, impacting many other genres of folk opera.
- In the last few years London has seen a variety of operatic styles in contemporary opera.
- 1.2A building for the performance of opera.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, there's nothing like going to the opera or Shakespearean theatre on a mild dose of magic mushrooms.
- When your day's work is done, I can bring the theatre or the opera to your home
- You decide to splash out on a night at the opera, but the theatre is full.
mid 17th century: from Italian, from Latin, literally 'labor, work'.