- An opiumlike compound that binds to one or more of the three opioid receptors of the body.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some of the most addictive pain medications are opioids, a family of drugs that have effects similar to those of opium or morphine.
- Some opioids are natural compounds derived from opium, others are synthetic medications that work in a similar way.
- Historical evidence suggests that law enforcement has been useful in the control of alcohol, tobacco, amphetamine, and opioids.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to opioid compounds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, the propensity of opioid abusers entering opioid agonist treatment to discount their cocaine use has been previously documented.
- The medications most often implicated in prescription drug abuse are opioid analgesics, sedative-hypnotics and stimulants.
- Fentanyl, morphine, and hydromorphone are opioid analgesic medications that may be used for moderate sedation/analgesia.
Más definiciones de opioidDefinición de opioid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional