- 1Of or relating to an orbit or orbits.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With its emphasis on accurate space flight simulation and orbital mechanics, Orbiter is not all things to all space and astronomy enthusiasts.
- This nearly polar orbit is designed such that the spacecraft's orbital path moves at the same apparent rate as the Sun.
- This creates increased atmospheric drag on spacecraft in low orbits, shortening their orbital lifetime.
- 1.1British (Of a road) passing around the outside of a town.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apple has confirmed its third UK retail location: the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent, just outside London's M25 orbital freeway.
- On February 1st they kick-started the tendering process for the extension of the M77 to Fenwick and the creation of the new Glasgow southern orbital road.
- The concept of an orbital road around the capital had been discussed since the Royal Commission on London Traffic in 1905.
sustantivoPhysics Volver al principio
- Each of the actual or potential patterns of electron density that may be formed in an atom or molecule by one or more electrons, and that can be represented as a wave function.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, it can also lead to daunting calculations as each atom contributes its orbitals to the whole molecule.
- The effect is due to the distortion of the electron orbitals because of the magnetic field.
- It is also possible for two orbitals on each atom to overlap, forming two molecular orbitals between the two atoms.
mid 16th century (referring to the eye socket): probably from medieval Latin orbitalis, from Latin orbita (see orbit).
Más definiciones de orbitalDefinición de orbital en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional