Definición de orris en inglés:
A preparation of the fragrant rootstock of an iris, used in perfumery and formerly in medicine.
- The root is usually taken from Iris × germanica variety Florentina
- It contains juniper berries, calendula, peppermint and orris root, and it effectively whitens teeth by helping to prevent plaque build-up and gum disease.
- Mix the lemon oil with the chopped orris root and add to the dried leaves.
- The lady's clothes seemed to fill the whole carnage, and out of this little padded box there drifted a perfume of orris, an indefinable scent of feminine elegance.
mid 16th century: apparently an unexplained alteration of iris.
Definición de orris en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan