- 1The correct or accepted pronunciation of words.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The name of the organization created to further Basic, the Orthological Institute, echoes such terms as orthodoxy, orthography, and orthoepy.
- Some letters and combinations of letters depend in their orthoepy upon the etymology of the word.
- According to Herodian - the ancient authority on orthoepy - the word should be pronounced as proparoxytone.
- 1.1The study of correct or accepted pronunciation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition to the subjects of Reading and Orthoepy, English. Grammar, English Literature, British History and Canadian History.
- THE spoken word comes to the ear. It is a sound, and can be studied. The branch of knowledge that tells us all about it, is called orthoepy.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Axmatovas pronunciation corresponds with the orthoepic norm to a lesser extent than Pasternaks.
- Good pronunciation is defined not as adherence to some strict orthoepic norm but as a range of variation that nonetheless permits "une communication".
mid 17th century: from Greek orthoepeia 'correct speech', from orthos 'right or straight' + epos, epe- 'word'.
Más definiciones de orthoepyDefinición de orthoepy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional