Definición de orthogonal en inglés:
1Of or involving right angles; at right angles.
- Lanczos was much influenced by Fejér; he learnt from him about Fourier series, orthogonal polynomials, and interpolation.
- As we have noted above, other contributions by Steinhaus were on orthogonal series, probability theory, real functions and their applications.
- From these beginnings he moved to prove a number of limit theorems, now known as the Szegö limit theorem, the strong Szegö limit theorem and Szegö's orthogonal polynomials and on the unit circle.
2 Statistics (Of variates) statistically independent.
- Disciplinary infractions were further summarized by entering the 18 remaining codes into a principal-components analysis using an orthogonal rotation.
- A test of the hypothesis that ß 1 = 1 can be constructed from the orthogonal regression estimate and standard error for 1.
- Gram is best remembered for the Gram-Schmidt orthogonalisation process which constructs an orthogonal set from an independent one.
2.1(Of an experiment) having variates that can be treated as statistically independent.
- Participants always sorted on proportion in Experiment 2, with orthogonal or one-dimensional stimulus sets.
- Taguchi first determines the control factors that go into designing a product, their interdependencies, then generates an orthogonal array specifying the number of experiments required to find the optimal solution.
- The presence of a dicentric chromosome was confirmed by Southern blot analysis of orthogonal field alternating gel electrophoresis gels.
- Example sentences
- The assumption of orthogonality seems to present the fewest difficulties at present.
- In DB97-13 the orthogonality of the partial great circle girdle with respect to the lineation supports the above interpretation of the apparent symmetry in the c-axis pattern.
- When Darboux proved the orthogonality of systems of homofocal ovals, he also showed that ovals provide a geometrical interpretation of the addition theorem and that they constitute the algebraic form of the integral solution.
- Example sentences
- The Q y axes of BChl-a in LH1 are, along with the ring, to be coupled strongly, but the orthogonally oriented Q x axes are parallel and do not overlap.
- The side AB = c is taken as a reference direction in each case, and for mathematical convenience is defined such that [Theta] c is always the largest angle or C projects orthogonally onto line AB and not outside it.
- Because the two sets of antagonistic IFMs are oriented orthogonally within the thorax, contractions in one set activate the other after a short delay, and the entire system functions as a mechanical resonator.
Definición de orthogonal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia