plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of medicine dealing with the correction of deformities of bones or muscles.
Originally relating specifically to children
Oraciones de ejemplo
- His professional interests were in metastatic paraplegia and paediatric orthopaedics.
- After a firm grounding in orthopaedics he entered general practice.
- Most of the work will be in orthopaedics and ophthalmology - specialties with the longest waiting lists.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- After referral to a pediatric orthopedist, she was diagnosed with idiopathic juvenile osteoporosis.
- If the examination is positive, referral to an orthopedist may be a better strategy than MRI because of the latter's relatively low specificity.
- I believe this problem, however, is greatly overdiagnosed by sports orthopedists, who are used to treating inflexible football players rather than flexible swimmers.
Mid 19th century: from French orthopédie, from Greek orthos 'right or straight' + paideia 'rearing of children'.
Definición de orthopedics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda