Definición de ostensive en inglés:
1Directly or clearly demonstrative.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Those results are ostensive evidence implying the contribution of apparent motion mechanisms to ILM perception.
- Both texts direct the reader to attend to the saving and comforting power of God; both also provide ostensive biblical legitimization for Equiano's autobiography.
- Nevertheless, while we might struggle to analyze ‘religion’, an ostensive project should be reasonably successful.
1.1 Linguistics Denoting a way of defining by direct demonstration, e.g., by pointing.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- How did these lists - which ostensively are trying to measure the same thing - get so dissimilar?
- Foundationalist empiricism recognizes two source of meaning: some terms derive their meanings ostensively, by correlation with whatever is ‘directly presented’ in experience.
- Bishop is closer to the modernists on this front and closer, particularly, to what Altieri calls ‘the romantic values they were ostensively denying’.
Palabras que riman con ostensiveapprehensive, coextensive, comprehensive, defensive, expensive, extensive, intensive, offensive, pensive, suspensive
Definición de ostensive en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda