- Degeneration of joint cartilage and the underlying bone, most common from middle age onward. It causes pain and stiffness, especially in the hip, knee, and thumb joints. Compare with rheumatoid arthritis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both of these regimens have been clearly shown to improve pain and disability in osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Knee osteoarthritis is a common but often difficult problem to manage in primary care.
- Some time later I was asked to see a nun who had mild rheumatoid arthritis and well advanced osteoarthritis of both hips.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My mother has had two hip replacements and lots of other osteoarthritic problems, and it seems my brother has it too.
- Backache is, however, unrelated to the presence or absence of osteoarthritic changes or to the severity of the curvature.
- Wearily, I eased myself out of the car, wincing from the pain of my osteoarthritic spine.
Más definiciones de osteoarthritisDefinición de osteoarthritis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional