Definición de osteomalacia en inglés:
Softening of the bones, typically through a deficiency of vitamin D or calcium.
- Osteoarthritis, osteomalacia, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and other arthritic conditions may increase the risk of problems originating from surgical positioning.
- If blood levels of calcium fall then calcium is withdrawn from bone, resulting in osteomalacia and osteoporosis.
- Vitamin D deficiency can lead to bone disease: osteomalacia in adults, rickets in infants and children.
- Example sentences
- A study on osteomalacic myopathy in women found that muscle strength returned to normal (except in maximal voluntary contraction) after six months' treatment.
- Frank rickets or osteomalacic myopathy are only occasionally seen, usually in those already predisposed to metabolic bone disease.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan