Having a toxic effect on the ear or its nerve supply.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Exposure to solvents alone significantly increased the risk for hearing loss, most likely the result of ototoxic effects along the auditory pathway.
- Simultaneous administration of several ototoxic agents or prolonged treatment with high dosages of an ototoxic medication should be avoided when possible.
- These medications must be administered carefully in patients who are elderly, have poor renal function, require a prolonged course of medication, or require simultaneous administration of multiple ototoxic agents.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The safety profile of the formulation is generally favorable, with no demonstrable ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity, bone marrow suppression, or cardiovascular adverse effects.
- However, it is thought that patients with little to no drainage at the time of surgery who may be at highest risk for ototoxicity because of the lack of inflammation of the middle car mucosa to decrease the round window permeability.
- The potential medicolegal implications of ototoxicity, therefore, have created a dilemma: we need to determine which topical antibiotic is safe and effective in treating patients with chronic discharge from their ears.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: o·to·tox·ic
Definición de ototoxic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda