Definición de overall en inglés:
Pronunciación: /ˈōvəˌrôl /[attributive]
Taking everything into account: the overall effect is impressive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Montreal-based body has overall responsibility for global drug testing.
- The details may be small, but the overall effect is one of everything being exactly where it should be.
- He will also address the general outlook for the overall industry within the country.
Pronunciación: /ˌōvəˈrôl /[sentence adverb] Volver al principio
In all parts; taken as a whole: overall, 10,000 jobs will go
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sauce, though, was excellent, and overall the whole dish just about passed muster.
- But overall the car seems quite good and I think we are in good shape again for the race.
- Athletics and Cricket were in the summer, which meant overall we did mainly did four sets of sport.
Pronunciación: /ˈōvəˌrôl /(overalls) Volver al principio
1North American A garment consisting of trousers with a front flap over the chest held up by straps over the shoulders, made of sturdy material and worn especially as casual or working clothes. Also called bib overalls.
- My green overalls and green shirt with my red jean jacket were my choice for today.
- Dress suitable for agriculture such as overalls, shirts, and boots is popular.
- Its 200 highly trained members dress in white overalls, padded clothing and crash helmets to protect themselves against police batons and shields.
1.1British A loose-fitting garment such as a smock worn typically over ordinary clothes for protection against dirt or heavy wear.
- When he had done, his mug empty, he went to his wardrobe where he pulled out a clean pair of underpants and a blue overall.
- A man wearing an orange overall was sweeping the street while others were running.
- The picture of men paint spraying in their ordinary clothes, rather than wearing protective overalls and without protective face masks, says it all.
- Example sentences
- White overalled technicians walk amongst fully body-suited men in masks, who are handling more dangerous looking equipment and substances.
- In the darkened operations room below decks, grey overalled officers and sailors watched an approaching blip on their radar screens.
- Just inside the gates, an overalled gardener with a gentle face is poking insincerely at the dripping rhododendrons with a pair of secateurs.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan