Pronunciación: /ˌōvərˈCHärj /[with object]
- 1Charge (someone) too high a price for goods or a service: that makes it easy for wheeler-dealers to overcharge customersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Since then, we have had no problems though occasionally I feel he overcharges us.
- Consumers are painfully overcharged in all aspects of their business transactions.
- We have never felt we were overcharged for anything and have always gotten good value for our money.
- 1.1Charge someone (a sum) beyond the correct amount: [with two objects]: the company overcharged the government $3 millionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Consumers were estimated to have been overcharged by $480 million.
- Write to your bank and demand the money you believe you have been overcharged.
- Payments to customers included interest on the original sums overcharged.
- 2Put too much electric charge into (a battery).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You gently overcharge the batteries to make sure that the weakest cells are brought up to full charge.
- A controller keeps the batteries from being overcharged, and an inverter converts DC electricity produced by the solar panels into AC electricity typically used by home appliances.
Pronunciación: /ˈōvərˌCHärj /Volver al principio
- An excessive charge for goods or a service.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The deal varies from oil reserves to an overcharge for goods and service to a secret fund discovered in government accounts.
- She'll eat a loss before handing over her driver's license to reverse an overcharge at Kmart.
- Tens of millions, at least, appear to be overcharges.