Definición de overrepresent en inglés:
1Include a disproportionately large number of (a particular category or type of person), as in a statistical study.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He commented that an effort is made not to over-represent a particular demographic, but that it is true that ‘many notes are from people that are downtrodden or disenfranchised.’
- This distribution over-represents pre-registration house officers, who make up 10% of the trainee population.
- It over-represents the status quo, the ideological middle, and the wealthy, and leaves everyone else unrepresented.
1.1 (be overrepresented) Form a disproportionately large percentage: they are relatively overrepresented in semiskilled occupations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Managerial and middle-class occupations are over-represented in its ranks, while the working class is proportionately under-represented.
- Table 6 tells us that, based upon this sample of occupations, immigrants make up a small share of employment in occupations that are growing rapidly and are over-represented in occupations that are labor intensive.
- However, although more women are undertaking non-traditional degrees, they continue to be under-represented in the degrees expected to lead to higher paying occupations, and over-represented in those expected to be lower paying.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We have come a long way but still have much to overcome, particularly in our overrepresentation in the criminal justice system and lack of access to adequate education.
- So instead of underrepresentation in the Senate, they want 10-fold overrepresentation in the Senate.
- The overrepresentation of minorities in the Army is often cited as proof of the continuing struggle for people of color in the mainstream economy.
Definición de overrepresent en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda