- 1More important than any other considerations: their overriding need will be for adviceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But in this case, a number of overriding political considerations made this unviable.
- The overriding concern of the main parties was the seeming lack of any interest in an election by the public.
- A satisfactory and lasting result in the water context cannot be achieved and should not be attempted by wholly divorcing consideration of the overriding conflict.
- 2 • technical Extending or moving over something, especially while remaining in close contact: oceanic lithosphere beneath an overriding continental plateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If the overriding plate is continental, the volcanic arc expresses itself as an extended mountain range such as the Andes of South America.
- The buoyancy force was calculated from the potential energy difference between the overriding continental plate and the subducting oceanic plate.
- Secondly, the geometry of rigid crust that makes up the overriding plate, will have a big impact on how stress is transmitted into the sediments that are caught up in the subduction zone.