Pronunciación: /ˈōvərˈwāt /
- 1Above a weight considered normal or desirable: he’s forty pounds overweightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If overweight, her desirable weight gain is significantly less, about 15 to 25 pounds.
- Balance caloric intake with physical activity and lose weight if currently overweight or obese.
- In sharp contrast, her junk-food-eating brother who loves hamburgers is massively overweight and so are her mother and father.
- 1.1Above legal weight: an overweight truckMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Of the 537 overweight trucks that inspectors caught last year, the average weight was 75 tons.
- Only a fool, weight enforcement officers say, knowingly drives an overweight truck into a weigh station.
- In the mid 1980s an overweight grain truck crashed through the timber deck and forced its only known closure.
Pronunciación: /ˈōvərˌwāt /Volver al principio
- Excessive or extra weight.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Only two other comparable studies have examined later adult risk in relation to both childhood and adult overweight, and these used body mass index as a measure of obesity at both ages.
- Growth charts, ideal body weight, and body mass index were mostly used to assess and monitor overweight.
- Most people associate extreme overweight with extreme forms of the same behaviors as those that make the rest of us gain weight - eating too much and not moving.
Pronunciación: /ˌōvərˈwāt /[with object] (usually as adjective overweighted) Volver al principio
- 1Put too much weight on; overload.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Wallowing in the aftermath of such bereavements, she overweights her plots with aching losses.
- Conversely, the overweighted ball is generally used to enhance shoulder strength and power.
- A while back I discussed how the powers that be will do ‘whatever it takes’ to keep this overweighted barge afloat.
- 1.1 Finance Invest in (a market sector, industry, etc.) to a greater than normal degree: we have overweighted the banking sector [as adjective]: we were overweighted in technology last yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The fund overweights companies that score well on its screens, such as Wells Fargo and Fannie Mae.
- With a bullish hypothesis on the stock, I aimed to err on the down side by using the low-ball $3.25 estimate of 2003 earnings and overweighting the two ugly scenarios, giving each 10% odds.
- Others target specific stocks that are in an index, overweighting those they think are especially undervalued and underweighting those thought to be too dear.