- 1(Of a solid or a three-dimensional surface) egg-shaped.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Three flowerpots rest on an ovoid surface, perhaps a ceramic tray or table top whose legs have vanished.
- Flickers of reds, yellows and orange emerge from the depths, and the strange ovoid canvases reflect the surface while hovering over it.
- Their abdomens are variable in shape being triangular, round to ovoid to elongate, sometimes extending tail-like past the spinnerets.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An ovoid body or surface.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And the ovoids, too small to hold the molecules needed to carry out the chemical reactions of life, are just chance deposits with interesting shapes.
- Passing Bell is an eerie composition of fossil-gray verticals supporting gray, red and purple ovoids, punctuated with shocks of orange.
- The most emotionally moving and evocative rooms contain the ovoids - egg or face shaped sculptures which are quite overwhelming in their minimalist perfection.
early 19th century: from French ovoïde, from modern Latin ovoides, from Latin ovum 'egg'.
Más definiciones de ovoidDefinición de ovoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional