- A very large South American butterfly that flies at dusk, with a large eyelike marking on the underside of each hind wing.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Caligo, subfamily Brassolinae, family Nymphalidae
- Owl butterflies are very large, and fly only a few metres at a time, so avian predators have little difficulty in following them to their settling place.
- The owl butterfly, with large eyespots on the wings, is one of Amazonia's largest species and uses its protective coloration to scare away or fool potential predators.
Más definiciones de owl butterflyDefinición de owl butterfly en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional