- A hormone released by the pituitary gland that causes increased contraction of the uterus during labor and stimulates the ejection of milk into the ducts of the breasts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Suckling causes the mother's pituitary gland to release two hormones, oxytocin and prolactin.
- There, hormones called prolactin and oxytocin are released into the bloodstream.
- The plan was to use a gradually increasing concentration of oxytocin in order to stimulate uterine contractions.
1920s: from Greek oxutokia 'sudden delivery' (from oxus 'sharp' + tokos 'childbirth') + -in1.
Más definiciones de oxytocinDefinición de oxytocin en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional