- 1An artificial device for stimulating the heart muscle and regulating its contractions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most common forms of heart failure are treated with drugs and electrical devices such as pacemakers and implanted defibrillators, but if symptoms continue to worsen, other therapies are needed.
- For the medical device industry, only ads for risky devices such as pacemakers or artificial hearts must disclose negative side effects.
- Medical devices such as cardiac pacemakers, cochlear implants, and bone growth stimulators are valuable tools in the treatment of patients with multiple medical needs.
- 1.1The part of the heart muscle (the sinoatrial node) that normally performs this role.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This node is called the pacemaker of the heart because it sets the rate of the heartbeat and causes the rest of the heart to contract in its rhythm.
- The sinus node is a natural pacemaker in your heart that helps your heart beat steadily.
- Sinus dysrhythmia refers to a malfunction of the sinus node, the heart's natural pacemaker.
- 1.2The part of an organ or of the body that controls any other rhythmic physiological activity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For this reason, the researchers decided to examine the output of the body's internal clock, called the circadian pacemaker.
- Escape rhythms are the result of spontaneous activity from a subsidiary pacemaker, located in the atria, atrioventricular junction, or ventricles.
- In 1998 the journal Science published a report that indicated that light exposure to the back of the knee may reset the human circadian pacemaker.
- 2 another term for pacesetter.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That is some record for a horse used primarily in those races as a pacemaker.
- The pair was among seven for the 2,400-meter race, including both their respective pacemakers, Diyapour and High Action.
- He and Chris Chataway were the pacemakers as Bannister became the first man to break the four-minute barrier for the mile.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Going into this game two points adrift of the pacemaking Potters, the Saints pulled out all the stops to win in devastating style.
- The Saul side now occupy second spot, one point behind pacemaking Round House with a host of teams lining up behind them.
- At the moment they trail pacemaking Comber Rec by six points, but have two games in hand.
Pronunciación: /-ˌmākiNG/adjetivo & sustantivo
Más definiciones de pacemakerDefinición de pacemaker en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional