- 1A public entertainment consisting of a procession of people in elaborate, colorful costumes, or an outdoor performance of a historical scene.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Street pageants, parades and outdoor concerts have been lined-up to entertain locals and visitors and the street spectacular should not be missed for those who enjoy the magic of performance arts.
- They have produced full-scale scripted plays, but their outdoor pageants are the breathtaking highlight of the Public Dreams year.
- The festivities climax tomorrow in a royal state procession and a colourful pageant of music, dance and theatre.
- 1.1 (also beauty pageant) North American A beauty contest.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The celebrations in Samokov also included a contest between Roma orchestras, a beauty pageant and a football tournament.
- Unlike a traditional beauty pageant the contest is a talent showcase.
- Years ago I had a friend who was a beauty pageant contestant.
- 1.2 • historical A scene erected on a fixed stage or moving vehicle as a public show.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1576 actor James Burbage built London's first public theater, known simply as The Theatre, which was an open-air structure that combined features of pageant wagons, fixed stages, and banquet halls.
- Dublin's St Patrick's Festival parade takes place from noon on Wednesday when 3,500 performers will thrill spectators with a stream of ingeniously designed pageants.
- Blocking of major city roads during peak hours and uninhibited use of loud speakers and other accessories for the pageants have raised a hue and cry among the public.
late Middle English pagyn, of unknown origin.