- 1A migratory butterfly with predominantly orange-brown wings and darker markings.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Cynthia, subfamily Nymphalinae, family Nymphalidae: the widely distributed C. cardui, with black and white markings, and the American painted lady (C. virginiensis), with markings resembling eyes on the undersides of the wings
- All the way we were accompanied by electric blue and emerald green damsel flies and along the banks we spotted red admirals, painted ladies, peacocks, and mere common butterflies.
- Alfalfa butterflies, painted ladies, woolly bears and various other species have been abundant all summer.
- She was lying in the dust beneath a white buddleia, staring straight ahead, sniffing at red admirals and painted ladies as they fluttered past.
- 2 (also Painted Lady) A Victorian house, the exterior of which is painted in three or more colors, effectively highlighting the architecture.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gladiolus carneus or "Painted lady" grows to 1m tall.
- While long-tubed painted lady has been long in cultivation, it is still rare.
Más definiciones de painted ladyDefinición de painted lady en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional