Definición de painted lady en inglés:
1A migratory butterfly with predominantly orange-brown wings and darker markings.
- Genus Cynthia, subfamily Nymphalinae, family Nymphalidae: the widely distributed C. cardui, with black and white markings, and the American painted lady (C. virginiensis), with markings resembling eyes on the undersides of the wings
- All the way we were accompanied by electric blue and emerald green damsel flies and along the banks we spotted red admirals, painted ladies, peacocks, and mere common butterflies.
- Alfalfa butterflies, painted ladies, woolly bears and various other species have been abundant all summer.
- She was lying in the dust beneath a white buddleia, staring straight ahead, sniffing at red admirals and painted ladies as they fluttered past.
Definición de painted lady en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan