- A current that existed at some time in the geological past, as inferred from the features of sedimentary rocks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Imbricated clasts indicate eastward palaeocurrents away from the metamorphic complex.
- The variability of palaeocurrents, however, suggests that the fault zone was not a major topographic feature and may have been below sea-level.
- The latter is more consistent with the southeasterly palaeocurrents of the Castlegate Sandstone.
Más definiciones de paleocurrentDefinición de paleocurrent en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional