Definición de palmitic acid en inglés:
A solid saturated fatty acid obtained from palm oil and other vegetable and animal fats.
- Examples of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids are palmitic acid and linoleic acid, with 16 carbons and no double bonds, and 18 carbons with three double bonds, respectively.
- A common example is beeswax that is composed primarily of myricyl palmitate, formed by the reaction of palmitic acid with an alcohol.
- When this esterifies with only a vegetable fat-based palmitic acid, it is considered a halal vitamin A for milk fortification.
- Example sentences
- They are made of calcium bilirubinate and calcium palmitate.
- Radioactively labeled choline and palmitate have been used to investigate PC metabolism in animal models.
- Vitamin C has gained a great reputation as an anti-oxidant, but be sure to look for the stable vitamin C, ascorbyl palmitate.
Definición de palmitic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan