Definición de pandect en inglés:
1A complete body of the laws of a country.
- Its chief products included one-volume bibles (pandects) specifically made for export to other centres, thus disseminating the elegant Tours script and decorated initials.
- Although other centres such as Lorsch, Micy, and Metz also produced single-volume pandects, it was more usual for individual books or groups of books of the Bible to be copied.
- These new pandects were authorized and signed by eleven peers, twenty-five general officers, and fifty superior officers.
1.1 (usually the Pandects) A compendium in 50 books of the Roman civil law made by order of Justinian in the 6th century.
- Yet even in England the principles of the Code and the Pandects made silent conquests.
- This year of 1147 is one to be remembered, because from that time forward the Pandects have been open to the writers and the jurists of the world.
- Example sentences
- The German civil code was later; the pandectists, including Savigny, had had another century to refine their ideas.
- A strong argument may also be made that the pandectist jurisprudence of Continental Europe presents an example of the use of doctrinal expositions as primary sources of law.
- One researcher presented a reconstruction of the Roman political system orientated around the premises of the contemporary pandectist system.
Definición de pandect en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary